24 July, 2018
Join our crew! KICVentures is a private investment company founded in 2005 by Harvard-trained Dr. Kingsley R. Chin, who brings unique experience to the intersection of medicine, business and information technology. We’re equipped to identify niche healthcare opportunities and encourage total global inclusion, beginning with our team. We’re about hands-on, heads-down efforts, complemented by a company culture that fosters engagement. Collaboration drives our innovation, and we work with the best and the brightest in the business – movers and shakers who’re all hands on deck for success. As evolution happens, we revolutionize.
The Vice President, U.S. Sales is responsible for the U.S. revenue growth of the product portfolio with deep understanding of products and pipeline available through SpineFrontier, AxioMed, NanoFuse. You have the opportunity for uncapped compensation incentives based on revenue growth results to aggressively establish distribution channels for a complete spine product portfolio with a strong understanding of every potential account. You would be accountable for leading the overall management of sales teams, activities, distributor and customer relationships associated with driving sales for the organization working closely with the internal sales and customer service team. This is a dynamic and fast moving environment where you have to be 100% committed and add immediate value – displaying perseverance, problem solving, action-oriented results that would result in customer and patient satisfaction while exceeding the sales goals and objectives.
Duties and responsibilities
- Support of annual growth targets to achieve corporate revenue goals and targets
- Provides direction, leadership and coaching for all Direct Reports, build organizational team, and functional capability by deployment of standard work processes
- Support and execute on sales process improvement towards operational excellence
- Collaborate with cross department business partners in deployment of joint strategic initiatives
- Take personal responsibility for sales growth, team productivity and performance with tight daily management
- Demonstrate product and procedural knowledge; clinical and procedural excellence, product expertise, and new product introduction experience.
- Recruit, Develop and Manage Regional Managers, Distributors, Sales Reps to provide an effective, productive and accountable sales force through superior stakeholder engagement; which includes communicating, influencing, and providing comprehensive solutions.
- Lead a portfolio of product sales, responsible for growth, customer acquisition and maximize field inventory turns
- Leverage existing relationships to convert accounts, onboard new accounts, hire known reps across the US as needed
- Establish relationships with key surgeons; work to leverage potential sales opportunities through learning centers and maximize opportunities available through Spinefrontier, AxioMed, NanoFuse product portfolios to drive collaboration
- Build the sales teams to grow revenue from existing accounts and retention of existing accounts.
- Motivate the inside sales manager and his/her team of regional sales reps.
- Design the metrics and manage the activities that ensure successful revenue growth.
- Establish sales and marketing goals, surgeon plans and fellows strategies
- Update Leadership Team on sales and account development progress using appropriate metrics and analysis.
- Create effective and accurate numerical models of activity metrics needed to meet sales goals and then oversee the achievement of those metrics.
- Map, document, and continually improve processes to facilitate sales performance and predictability.
- Ensure active monitoring and communication with all surgeon accounts and ability to close on leads
- Plan and design training to ensure new sales people are effective.
- Identify and communicate business implications of trends and/or sales inefficiencies
- Responsible for hiring, terminating and managing performance and compensation
- Involved in forecasting sales and revenue
- BA/BS degree or equivalent required; Business/Marketing/Finance or MBA degree preferred
- Required Minimum 5 years experience in spine or orthopedics arena with proven sales management experience.
- Demonstrated leadership capability to lead, manage through change, problem solving, processes and driven by results
- Excellent understanding of Customer, Business Intelligence and Industry trends
- Demonstrated leadership in strategic planning and project management along with documented sales achievement(s) are required.
- Strong Business & Financial Acumen in understanding the needs and priorities of the broader business and use of metrics/numbers to gauge revenue growth
- Demonstrated track record as a Talent Champion in coaching, developing, retention, acquiring and building a diverse pipeline of future talent.
- Stakeholder engagement; which includes communicating, influencing, and providing comprehensive solutions
- Ability to work in the US, No prior restriction working in Spine, Significant Travel (60% – 80%)
Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available. Travel up to 80%
- This employee is required to sit for extended periods of time using a computer keyboard and monitor
- Position routinely requires filing, which will require opening file cabinet drawers, being able to bend for file placement.
- The position often needs objects be moved from one place to another under 15 pounds lifting periodically must move objects.
- The employee in this position often communicates with employees and vendors who have inquiries, therefore must be able to read, write, listen and communicate to exchange correct information in these situations in English.
- Worker must have the visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- The employee is required to have close visual acuity to inspect products perform, analyze data and numbers, view a computer terminal; extensive reading at a distance that is close to the eyes.
- Must possess a valid drivers license, be able to successfully pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
Cultural Success Requirements
- Analytical. This leader seeks out facts and evaluates relationships and dependencies
- Results-driven. Demonstrating initiative and personal accountability to meet work demands according to highest standards, while being able to prioritize and balance competing needs, will be key to success.
- Both a competitive and team player. This individual speaks to results yet gives credit to the team.
- Humble and self-aware. Helping drive a culture of respect across all associates, functions and levels while focusing on results is a must. This candidate understands their personal areas of development and actively works on weaknesses.
- Clear communicator. Strong experience in developing effective internal communications and a clear, succinct style is desired.
Please no outside unsolicited recruiters