12 February, 2018
The primary responsibility of the Shipper position is to ensure that all customer orders are fulfilled accurately with the correct product and arrives at the customer’s location in good condition. The primary responsibility for the Receiver position is to verify all incoming material and transact in ERP system. The secondary responsibility for the Receiver position is to ensure that all products returned from the field are cleaned safely and to the best of our ability.
In addition, this person will be responsible for inspecting all parts returned from the field. This person is to maintain efficient, clean and well-organized areas while maintaining compliance of product in all locations.
What You’ll Do: Duties and Responsibilities
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Clean all required product returned from the field.
- Perform technical inspections on all parts returned from the field.
- Receive incoming material. Verify the part number and quantity of parts being received. Enter the information into the ERP system.
- Record and transact shipments returned from the field.
- Labeling of material, after inspection, as required.
- Pick and pack product for shipment according to standard operating procedures.
- Ensure the orders are fulfilled with the correct product, right quantity, revisions and lot numbers.
- Prepare the appropriate shipping documents.
- Analyze shipments and determine best service level and cost based on need. Coordinate shipments and expedited freight, as required.
- Maintain compliance in the stockroom and cleaning room. Monitor low inventory balances and notify purchasing, accordingly.
- Enter the data for inventory movement transactions into the ERP system.
- Participate in inventory and/or cycle counting and reconcile, as required. Maintain accurate field inventory.
- Process any return material authorizations to suppliers.
- Maintain a clean, organized warehouse and cleaning room.
Our Perfect Candidate
Education and Experience
- High School education
- Prefer 2 years experience in the following:
- Shipping/Receiving – domestic and international shipping
- ERP/MRP system
Required Abilities and Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Good interpersonal, detail orientated, and organizational skills
- Ability to work in an extremely fast paced and dynamic environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Proficiency in web-based freight programs
- Annual salary will commensurate with experience and education
- Comprehensive benefits package available including: Healthcare Insurance, Paid Vacation Holidays, 401k, Bonuses, Merit Increases, Employee Pool (Stock) Plan and Growth Opportunities
Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available. Travel up to 10%.
May as part of duties have exposure to bloodborne pathogens.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Routinely uses standard computer equipment, telephones, photocopiers, filing cabinets etc.
- The position frequently requires objects to be moved from one place to another up to 50 lbs. pounds lifting is periodically needed in order to move product and/or boxes.
- Sitting for periods of time using a computer keyboard and monitor
- This person frequently communicates with employees and vendors who have inquires. Must be able to read, write and communicate to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Worker is required to have the visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform data and figures, viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading at a distance that is close to the eyes.
- When traveling may be required to stand extended periods of time in a manufacturing and/or cleanroom environment.