The LES Society is seeking a Manager to create a culture of training and accountability at LES Society. The Manager will build the LES Society event calendar, curriculum, processes and structures to train surgeons. We believe education is a critical part of our success at LES Society and directly adds value to patient’s successful recovery. The Manager will report to the Chairman. Managing the operations of medical educational training and events to engage key opinion leaders and surgeons in the field of spine/neuro surgery.
Ideal candidate located in the NY, DC, or Boston area.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage, coordinate, and plan all educational events: lab training, clinical training, forum and conferences
- Build/manage/partner staff (marketing, travel, logistics, IT)
- Establish regular training schedule for new surgeons and fellows leads
- Manage evaluation of training program and creating monthly reports
- Process mapping and continually improvement to facilitate training performance
- Develop reports and processes
- Manage budget, grants and deliver financial reports (expenses)
- Travel flexibility to various locations to support the events planned
- Build strategic plan (yearly meeting)
- Overview and maintenance of compliance with statutory requirements and policies by the Federal Government
- Assist in the formulation of long-term strategic development of training
- Mange CME accreditation process and approval
- Work in partnership with sponsors for planning and execution of yearly Gala fundraising event
- Work in partnership with Jamaica LES Society, local hospitals and surgeons on yearly medical mission
- Bachelors degree in Health Sciences or 15 years equivalent combination of training and experience in event and training management.
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to teach, coach and mentor staff and implement training program strategies for employees and surgeons.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent public speaking skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook, Visio
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, flexible, and innovative approach to operational management.
- Highly motivated; independent, self starter in a fast paced environment
- Ensure to continuing professional and personal development in regard of training by participate in training with medical device companies
- Certification on Medical Device compliance
Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available. Travel up to 50%.
- This position operates in a mainly clerical setting. Routinely uses standard equipment, telephones, photocopiers, filing cabinets etc.
- Position requires sitting for extended periods using a computer keyboard and monitor.
- Routinely needs to do filing, which will require opening file cabinet drawers, being able to bend for file placement.
- The position frequently requires objects to move from one place to another under 5 pounds lifting is periodically needed in order to move files.
- This person frequently communicates with employees and vendors who inquire and must be able to read, write and communicate clearly to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Worker is required to have the visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform and analyzing data and figures, viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading at a distance close to the eyes.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate fluently in English
How to Apply
We offer tremendous room for advancement and income potential. All submissions will be held in the strictest confidence. This position is being sought after for immediate hire. The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com