Join our crew! KICVentures is a private investment company founded in 2005 by Harvard-trained Dr. Kingsley R. Chin, who brings unique experience to the intersection of medicine, business and information technology. We’re equipped to identify niche healthcare opportunities and encourage total global inclusion, beginning with our team. We’re about hands-on, heads-down efforts, complemented by a company culture that fosters engagement. Collaboration drives our innovation, and we work with the best and the brightest in the business – movers and shakers who’re all hands on deck for success. As evolution happens, we revolutionize.
You are passionate about Mechanical Engineering and seeing projects to completion with a diverse workload. Professionally, you are someone who rolls up their sleeves and dives into projects with vigor. You enjoy change and influencing change in product development. You want to be part of a growing Engineering team that’s driven by the desire to positively influence other team members and see our products be the best they can be.
The organization you want to work for should be innovative and exciting, challenging the status quo, always adapting and encouraging employees to take initiative.
You will thrive at SpineFrontier by being a proactive, solution-oriented, organized and have superb attention to detail with a dedication to thoroughness.
SpineFrontier is seeking a Mechanical Engineer who will execute the design and analysis of spine implant products and processes. Opportunity includes leading and managing the development from concept to clinical release. Under limited supervision/guidance, compiles, analyzes and reports operational, test, and research data to establish performance standards for newly designed or modified products, processes, or materials.
- Lead and manage the technical development of spine implant systems
- Interface with surgeons, industrial designers and marketing personnel to process customer requirements
- Generate concepts and mechanical designs for precision spine implants and optimal surgical instrumentation
- Define Customer Requirements, Design Inputs and Risk Analysis
- Detailed engineering, analysis and manufacturing drawings to realize the design
- Support surgeons in the field on the use of our products
- Mentor engineers and contribute to process improvement
- Generate concepts and mechanical designs for spine implants and surgical instrumentation
- Create 3D models and manufacturing drawings per best engineering design practices
- Perform engineering analyses – including tolerance stacks, FEA structural analysis and FMEA
- Participate in the development and execution of internal procedures
- Assist in the development of verification and validation protocols, tests and reports
- Document data and procedures per Quality System
To perform this job successfully, the candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily; training will be provided as needed. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, or to train technically-competent individuals in company specific software.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Mechanical Technology or Biomedical Engineering
- 4-10 years of product development experience
- Proficient with SolidWorks – surfacing and master modeling experience preferred
- Proficient with SolidWorks Simulation or other FEA software
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and capabilities (milling, turning, sheet metal forming, molding/casting) and experience with rapid prototyping techniques (SLA, SLS, DMLS) preferred
- Experience with drafting per ASME/ANSI Y14.5M, GD&T preferred
- Experience with human factors and ergonomics in design
- Medical device and orthopedic experience preferred
- Must be able to read, write and communicate fluently in English
- The employee in this position often communicates with employees and vendors who have inquiries, therefore must be able to read, write and communicate to exchange correct information in these situations
- Position routinely requires filing, which will require opening file cabinet drawers, being able to bend for file placement.
- The position often needs objects be moved from one place to another under 15 pounds lifting periodically must move objects.
- Employee must have the visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- The employee is required to have close visual acuity to inspect products perform, analyze data and numbers, view a computer terminal; extensive reading at a distance that is close to the eyes.
- May be required to stand for extended periods of time in an operating room environment
- Travel up to 10-20%
How to apply
We offer tremendous room for advancement and income potential. All submissions will be held in the strictest confidence. This position is being sought after for immediate hire. The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please no outside unsolicited recruiters