Manufacturing Engineer Role
Responsible for helping develop our medical device Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) business unit. Will be responsible for servicing internal customers (engineering, quality and supply chain) by identifying their needs for engineering support for design, manufacturing, equipment and process for manufacturing viability, process validations, and associated problem solving duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
So you want to be our new Manufacturing Engineer?
As Manufacturing Engineer, you will:
- Develop and perform internal processes, verification and validation protocols, tests and reports for product realization efforts
- Supports development of engineering and quality related solutions to technical and programmatic problems
- Create, develop and modify 3D CAD models and drawings for manufacturing, tolerances, and assembly in a production setting
- Collaborate with manufacturers to improve product designs for better manufacturability by coordinating Design For Manufacturability (DFM) discussion
- Act as a liaison between engineering & vendor as well as quality & vendor from beginning to end of a product manufacturing cycle to facilitate engineering and quality support.
- Collaborate and coordinate with engineering, quality and product development teams to coordinate process and production advancements
- Collaborate with engineering design team and quality to release drawings for production
- Review and approve ECO’s for inventory part drawings for manufacturability and process
- Smoothly transition new product development with capable processes into manufacturing internally and with suppliers
- Interface with suppliers for rapid prototyping, manufacturing of instruments and implants and testing
- Participate in the design review processes
- Document data and procedures per the Quality Management System
- Participate in the development and execution of internal procedures
- Other duties as assigned
What would we need from you?
- Experience with medical device products, processes and protocol development or similar industry
- An applied and theoretical understanding of engineering and manufacturing processes
- Proficiency in CAD software (SolidWorks)
- Knowledge of medical industry regulation, risk management and design controls (ISO 9001, ISO 13485, ISO 178025, FDA, CFR, etc.)
- Prior manufacturing process improvement accomplishments
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Mechanical, Mechanical Technology, Manufacturing or Biomedical Engineering
- Working Conditions
- Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available. Travel up to 15%
- Physical requirement
- Must be able to read, write and communicate fluently in English.
- We offer tremendous room for advancement and income potential. All submissions will be held in the strictest confidence. This position is being sought after for immediate hire. The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please submit your resume and cover letter to.Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available. Travel up to 25%.
Must be able to read, write and communicate fluently in English.
How to Apply
Interested candidates, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com