18 December, 2018
Join our crew! KICVentures is a private investment company founded in 2005 by Harvard-trained Dr. Kingsley R. Chin, who brings unique experience to the intersection of medicine, business and information technology, with over a 10-year track record of investing +$250M to build, acquire and grow its portfolio in healthcare. Collaboration drives our innovation, and we are looking for the best and the brightest in the business – movers and shakers who are driven by success. As evolution happens, we revolutionize.
KICVentures is raising $50M to accelerate the growth of its portfolio companies, expand the team, and seed new funds/SPVs to continue to invest in healthcare innovation. We are looking for an Investor Relations Associate to join the Finance/Investment Team, with clear ownership and targets to grow professionally and financially. Work with a close-knit, dynamic and enthusiastic team directly with the Co-Founder/CFO to develop fundraising strategies and goals. Stretch and improve your communication and leadership skills and organizational capabilities in this pivotal role as the team expands.
A Day in the Life
- Conduct an extensive research on investor groups (doctors, wealthy individuals, family offices) and build the internal database and fundraising campaign;
- Coordinate and lead phone calls, targeted social media outreach via LinkedIn, messaging on investment opportunities, think ‘wolf of wall street’ passion and drive expectations;
- Organize, screen and coordinate/attend initial meetings or calls with potential investors;
- Assist in the production of marketing materials, Pitch Deck, business plan and analyses;
- Gather a comprehensive understanding of the KICVentures track record, portfolio companies and technology, market potential and growth plans;
- Work closely with Investment Team/CFO on the financial strategy, fundraising goals and measurable results;
- Lead data collection and analysis to track outreach efforts, organizational investor engagement, sector trends and investment team performance against goals;
- Involved closely in content creation and promotion for company updates, including investor fundraising event-related communications, quarterly or annual investor reports and press releases on KICVentures’ platforms;
- Provide support for special events and fundraising activities;
- Perform other reasonably related duties as assigned.
You’re the Innovator We Need If You Have
- Undergraduate degree in business, communication, finance, marketing;
- 2 – 4 years of relevant professional experience (i.e., financial advisor, private wealth management, or proven experience in lead generation and fundraising to wealthy individuals);
- You are a highly motivated and bright individual who enjoys working in a dynamic environment, where attention to detail and a deep understanding of the big picture are equally critical;
- You are a well-rounded thinker, with both quantitative and qualitative skillsets (including experience with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Word);
- You are a critical thinker with excellent problem-solving and interpersonal skills, who can process and digest information rapidly and nimbly;
- You are an enthusiastic and diligent self-starter who achieves significant results;
- You are a considerate and adaptable team member who can build positive relationships
- You demonstrate maturity, strong organizational and planning skills;
- You can articulate effectively on phone, email and present in person;
- You are relentless in investor sourcing research, outreach efforts and meeting coordination.
- Competitive salary based on experience, with up to 100% bonus based on performance – closed investor leads and fundraising targets.
- Flexible Vacations & Generous PTO -Take the time you need, when you need it.
- Professional Development & Mentorship Opportunities – We’re invested in each team member’s growth.
- Health & Dental Insurance -We offer HMO & PPO options to fit individual needs.
- 401K Plan & Long-Term and Short-Term Disability Insurance – Let us help you plan for your long-term health and wealth.
- KICVentures Employee Ownership Pool(stock) Plan – Build your equity upside over time across all the KICVentures portfolio companies
- Company Covered cell phone
- Company Covered On-site Gym Access and Parking Garage
- Dynamic Culture to get to know all teams and celebrate company wins together – Summer BBQs, Birthdays, Thursday Happy Hour, Bi-weekly Friday Team Learning Sessions and Townhalls for company updates.
Physical Job Requirements
- Office based position with extended hours with computer screen, phone calls, email etc.
- Ability to travel as needed on short notice for investor meetings/events (air, train, car etc)
Reasonable accommodations may be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please no outside unsolicited recruiters