21 November, 2017
Assist in the management and control of inventory of SpineFrontier Inc. (SpineFrontier) products through various sales and distribution channels, including Field Inventory based modes. Ensure effective utilization of assets and compliance with terms of agreements as well as compliance with policies and procedures. Analyze product turnover to determine optimal stock rotation to reduce losses from expiry and maximize ROI. Review operational processes and data to identify opportunities for improvement.
Interested candidates, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop annual plan for cyclic inventory count for SpineFrontier’s In-Field inventory at direct reps and distributor locations.
- Accommodate sudden (not in annual plan) inventory clean up (count) requests in to already existing annual cyclic inventory count plan.
- Coordinate and perform cycle counts (as per annual plan or sudden cleanup request) on In-Field inventory as required to maintain an accurate inventory at SpineFrontier’s direct reps and distributors.
- Develop tools for inventory reconciliation after Field Inventory count activity
- Lay the inventory adjustment plan after a discussion among supply chain & logistic team and perform the inventory adjustment
- Maintain In-Field Inventory count as well as inventory adjustment data
- Provide weekly summary of cycle counts to planning group.
- Produce and follow a cycle count plan to reconcile consignment inventory monthly and provide monthly usage report to Procurement Manager.
- Create documentation for inventory procedures
- Monitor inventory levels of pre-printed packaging using basic MRP methods.
- Work with managers to ensure seamless flow of inventory movements and needs
- Responsible to follow requirements of SpineFrontier Quality System; including but not limited to requirements for traceability of product, recognizing customer complaints (while performing cycle count in the field) and the requirement to forward information to in house Customer Service and Quality Assurance.
- Coordinate/perform cycle count and auditing programs for consigned and representative based inventories as well as administrate cycle counting for multiple distribution centers.
- Collaborate with Distribution or Territory Managers and Finance to investigate and reconcile variances and document results.
- Ensure integrity of inventory systems through monitoring and reconciliation of inventory related transactions over multiple distribution channels both inbound and outbound.
- Collaborate with Distribution and Territory Managers to ensure consignment and inventory policies and controls are enforced. Resolve issues related to lost, damaged, or expired inventory.
- Provide oversight and guidance for effective inventory management and deployment across multiple channels and locations.
- Assist with the control of inventory covered by consignment agreements and inventory polices to ensure compliance as well as effective utilization and tracking of Company assets.
- Participates to provide ideas, methods, or processes for improvement by unit/company performance.
- Manage and analyze inventory utilization and recommend par levels for existing and potential new inventory locations.
- Lead strategic analyses and inventory reporting to support business unit and corporate objectives.
- Provides data analysis for production planning and volume studies.
- Develop, analyze, interpret and act upon short, medium and long term forecast models.
- Provide guidance and training on policies and procedures, both initial and continuous, to internal and external parties responsible for carrying and transacting inventory.
- Participate in continuous improvement projects.
- Develop relevant inventory performance metrics and measures and prepares detailed month-end reports for management.
- Participate in offsite physical inventory counts and reconciliations.
- Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to supply chain services, inventory control, critical parts availability, material handling, import-export licensing, shipment of products, and third-party warehousing.
- Assists with other general accounting projects as needed. Perform other job related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, the candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily; training will be provided as needed. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, or to train technically-competent individuals in company specific software.
- 2 years related work Experience Education
- Proficient with ERP systems.
- Microsoft office proficiency required related field with some accounting.
- Spine experience preferred
Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available. Travel up to 60%.
Must be able to read, write and communicate fluently in English.