29 December, 2018
KICVentures is a private investment company founded in 2005. We have high standards and a stellar track record of accomplishments led by our founder and CEO Harvard-trained orthopedic and spine surgeon Dr. Kingsley R. Chin. If you want to make an impact, be a change maker in the world, and you believe you can be a fit – please apply while there is an opening that aligns with your skill sets. We are excited to meet and learn about your personal vision and see if we are the place for you.
The Contract Specialist will focus on gaining placement of our products on contract within hospitals. This is a critical position, without hospital approval for our products surgeons and patients will not have access to our products. You will be responsible for identifying key hospitals around the US, and meeting with the decision makers to gain approval for our products in their hospitals. This first phase focuses on researching, networking and strategizing to determine the best target hospitals, hospital chains, and Group Purchasing Organization. The second phase will focus on the preparation, coordination, and tracking of competitive bids, proposals, quotes, and requests for information that meet the requirements of the customer and the company. The work requires daily interaction with various internal departments such as sales, marketing, legal, customer support, contract coordinators, contract analysis, and finance teams.
A Day in the Life
- Prepare and coordinate all competitive bid and proposal requests to include Group Purchasing Organization, Surgery Centers, Hospitals, VA/Government, International, Inter-Company, Purchase and Sale requests, Contract renewals and amendments, and evaluation price requests;
- Work with sales, customer service, finance, and legal departments to properly interpret request requirements, analyze data, and prepare responses according to guidelines within the required period;
- Prepare request summary for each proposal and distribute to appropriate personnel for review, input, and approval;
- Act as liaison between the requestor and department personnel to collect required data and information for the response;
- Prepare components for request, review terms and conditions, product pricing, description, manufacturing data, composition of product and packaging information. Business Associate information, Supplier questionnaire, complete other required documents and submit request package;
- Research the competitive selling environment and utilization reports to determine bid pricing;
- Provide related contract pricing and cross-reference information to the sales team for review and evaluation;
- Implement awarded contracts by, verify pricing, establishing Group Purchasing Organization Affiliation, Membership, Account and Customer information;
- Listing all corresponding terms and conditions for accuracy and organize/manage all customer contracts accurately on servers or CRM;
- Interpret and enforce contract related policies and procedures such as payment of administrative fees, rebates and set up appropriate accruals;
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
You are the Innovator We Need If You Have
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- 5 + years of contracting experience with hospitals, bid submissions, and contract management;
- Experience in medical industry, hospital purchasing, or surgical instruments preferred;
- Requires advanced experience in Microsoft Office (CRM knowledge preferred);
- You are a highly motivated and bright individual who enjoys working in a dynamic environment, where attention to detail and a deep understanding of the big picture are equally critical;
- You are a well-rounded thinker, with both quantitative and qualitative skill sets (including experience with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Word);
- You are a critical thinker with excellent problem-solving and interpersonal skills, who can process and digest information rapidly and nimbly;
- You are an enthusiastic and diligent self-starter who achieves significant results;
- You are a considerate and adaptable team member who can build positive relationships;
- You demonstrate maturity, strong organizational and planning skills;
- You can articulate effectively on phone, email and present in person.
- Competitive salary based on experience, with bonus plan based on performance – revenue growth and major hospital/surgery center/ Group Purchasing Organization contract approvals;
- KICVentures Employee Ownership Pool (stock) Plan – Build your equity upside over time across all the KICVentures portfolio companies;
- 401K Plan with company match- Let us help you plan for your long-term wealth and retirement
- Company reimbursed cell phone;
- Company funded on-site gym membership and parking pass;
- Health & Dental Insurance -We offer HMO & PPO options to fit individual needs;
- Company Paid Short- and Long-Term Disability, Life insurance;
- Flexible Vacation Policy based on productivity and work ownership;
- Paid Sick Time;
- Professional Development & Mentor ship Opportunities – We are invested in each team member’s growth;
- Dynamic Culture to get to know all teams and celebrate company wins together – Summer BBQ s, Birthdays, Thursday Happy Hour, Bi-weekly Friday Team Learning Sessions and Town halls for company updates.
Physical Job Requirements
- Office based position with extended hours with computer screen, phone calls, email etc.;
- Limited travel as needed for customer meetings/events (air, train, car etc.).
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.